Health and Fitness Thread

A place to chat about non-MAP issues that are not political in nature.
Artaxerxes II

Health and Fitness Thread

Post by Artaxerxes II »

One of the most neglected topics in the MAP community is physical health, particularly dieting and exercising. I understand the emphasis on mental health, but physical health is just as important. After all, one wants to be jacked when dealing with one of those unarmed "predator hunters".
And part of the self-improvement journey is also about changing your nutrition to one that is less detrimental. As an example, while it may not be ideal for everyone, adhering to a vegan diet will greatly improve the physical condition of someone who eats foods that fall under the Standard American Diet (SAD). And in fact, being vegan previously is what made me more self-aware of what I eat, as well as how many calories I should consume.

Same for goes physical exercise. In my case, after being diagnosed with a health condition, I decided to follow my doctor's advice and become more active and since then, I sought to do physical exercise for at least 30 minutes every day, be it cardio or strength training. This did lead to great improvements in my health. For once, I became more confident and less doubtful towards myself. There are many accounts of people having their mental health improved via physical exercise. But of course, it should be tailored to meet your needs.

Anyway guys, feel free to use this thread to talk about self-improvement, how to improve your diet, medicine, which martial arts are better for self-defence, etc...
BLueRibbon

Re: Health and Fitness Thread

Post by BLueRibbon »

I think it's important to do any kind of exercise for at least 30 minutes each day, as you say, and to be sure to eat some protein, some vegetables, and a piece of fruit.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Strato

Re: Health and Fitness Thread

Post by Strato »

Great topic.

Fortunately, I have always enjoyed doing physical exercise, so at this point I do not have to work too hard to sustain reasonable health and acceptable weight. My regime is to do about 40km cycling each week during the summer months, and about the same distance hiking weekly overwinter. I decided not to be jabbed with the mRNA vaccines, and instead took the wonder drug Ivermectin religiously, which I continue to do. Supplements include daily dose of Vitamins B12, C and D, Zinc, and Saw Palmetto (relevant to prostate). I am not good at avoiding chocolate, but otherwise have varied and healthy meals. Due to my exercise regime, I have been forced to recognise the importance of sufficient liquid intake - I have been whisked off to hospital with dehydration on more than one occasion.