Well, hello there

Please post an introduction here!
Red Rodent

Well, hello there

Post by Red Rodent »

I'm Danny, AKA Red Rodent, a non-offending but unapologetic boylover, a sporadic poster on Boychat since I was a boy myself and a longstanding member of the Virped forum (although I don't consider myself "virtuous" and reject the politics of condemnation).

It's heartwarming to see many familiar names here and I look forward to much broadminded and civil discussion in this context.
Fragment

Re: Well, hello there

Post by Fragment »

Hi Danny, I'm so glad you could join us here. I hope you will be able to contribute a unique point of view to our discussions. As far as I'm aware we haven't had much success at including people from the VirPed community. But Mu seeks to be an umbrella organization, uniting MAPs of all different stances, so we'd love to have more people come here and, hopefully, balance out some of our discussions.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Red Rodent

Post by Red Rodent »

Fragment wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:37 am As far as I'm aware we haven't had much success at including people from the VirPed community.
I haven't seen it mentioned on the forum (I got the link from Boychat). From what I've seen so far, I'd be happy to give Mu a shout-out on VP, subject to your approval.
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

Yes, please do. Although some of the articles we've published on the website so far might seem to lack "virtue", we really do hope to hear from a range of voices. Contact stance shouldn't be a reason for discord in our community.

We all draw a line somewhere, after all. I know many anti-c people agree with an age of consent of 16, as exists in many countries around the world. And I've never heard of any MAP wanting to increase it to 21. Meanwhile I don't know many (any?) pro-c people who would agree with penetrative sex with babies. Even abolitionists admit that "competence" replacing "age" would still lead to some minors being unable to consent.

Rather than focus on the exact point the line should be drawn at I'd rather focus on the fact that we all want to care for minors while protecting them from harm (though our individual perceptions of harm and risk tolerance may vary). We should focus on the fact that our desires themselves are demonized without any reference to harm (as proven by bans on fictional PIM). We should focus on the fact that MAPs as seen as mentally unstable and unable to control themselves.

We have so much common ground that it seems silly to focus on a difference in opinion of 4-8 years about where a legal limit should be set.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Lennon72

Post by Lennon72 »

Glad to have you here.