Unspeakable: Controlling the Monster Within

A place to discuss academic and legal research and other high-quality media.
Jim Burton

Unspeakable: Controlling the Monster Within

Post by Jim Burton »

I never noticed when this book was published:

https://www.amazon.com/Unspeakable-Cont ... 094QK7ZF7/
I am a pedophile who has kept myself sexually sober of ever acting out on my sexual desires for over 50 years, despite being given many easy opportunities to do so. I have never been accepting of this cursed orientation and have spent my lifetime seeking out and learning methods to keep it contained and controlled for obvious reasons. To find answers and to seek help for myself, I studied and worked in the field of psychology when I was younger and truly could find very few answers anywhere. My search for answers has inspired me to write this book. The first part of this book is a memoir of my life and journey into discovering just what it takes to stay clean and sexually sober of acting out as an abusive pedophile. The second part of the book is a complete and comprehensive outline and description of the self help and life changing actions that have proven to work for me. These techniques can be utilized by others to solidly maintain their own sexual sobriety and to build up a life that is fulfilling and worth living vs. suicidal depression. What I offer is a self help process for pedophiles who are trying to exercise their will power and who are desiring to find answers and some anonymous and safe help for themselves in a world where very little of this can easily and safely to be found, anywhere. This problematic situation is most likely due to the unspeakable nature of the subject of pedophilia for those suffering from it who would like to communicate their need for help.This book is a preventative way forward for pedophiles seeking answers and help in controlling their obsessive, compulsive and sexually addictive desires—what I call the monster within. For the greater good of us all, I am choosing to speak the unspeakable.Unspeakable can also be a resource for mental health professionals and law enforcement who interact with sex offenders and also for academics interested in the study and treatment of psychological issues stemming from pedophilia.
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays
Fragment

Re: Unspeakable: Controlling the Monster Within

Post by Fragment »

I came across this recently myself. I was considering reading it, though I disagree with the premise that our feelings are inherently monstrous.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Jim Burton

Re: Unspeakable: Controlling the Monster Within

Post by Jim Burton »

I'd suspect the title is bait, but also the author may not be a pedophile. Hard to tell without reading.
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays