Mu versus Boychat

Discuss the articles posted on the Mu website. Many of the authors will read this forum so you can leave feedback, too.
Pharmakon

Mu versus Boychat

Post by Pharmakon »

I have been posting on Boychat since 2015. It's been a lifeline for me, but since I am from the activist generation of the 1970s and still firmly rooted in the NAMBLA perspective, the BC antipathy towards activism has been a constant frustration.

But it seems to me that since Mu began, BC has changed. The voices there that urged activism of one form or another seem to have either retreated into silence or moved here. Diogenes, a BC poster whose views have helped me immensely in developing my own perspective, recently lamented:
[W]hat's happened to kit (and laudate agno for that matter)? We need some intelligent conversation on TrollChat.
Yes, it does seem that BC has been abandoned by some of its most intelligent posters, given over to trolling, whining (well we whine here too, we're entitled to whine), and links to videos. I know why they haven't joined Mu. They think activism of the sort we seek to practice here only makes us a target for the repressive state.

That's a position that is hard to argue with. But kit, LA and Sick Rose (whom Diogenes didn't mention), and Diogenes himself, hate how the world is for us now and want to change it. If things stay the way they are now -- if BC degenerates into a cute vid posting board -- I think those posters and others who are motivated to work for change will wind up here in time. Mu should think of itself as a long term project.

But I have little experience with forums other than BC. I would be interested to know if those who have participated on other forums share my sense that Mu is filling an unmet need for discussion oriented toward attempting, even in the face of great risks and discouraging barriers, to concentrate efforts by the MAP community to demand and facilitate change.
hugzu ;-p
BLueRibbon

Re: Mu versus Boychat

Post by BLueRibbon »

I don't know why the posters you mentioned disappeared, but I'm happy with the tone this forum is taking. Many boards become echo chambers very quickly, but Mu is quite diverse, as planned, and that makes the discussion more interesting.

We've also managed to avoid the toxicity of BC. I think that toxicity drives people away. I'll admit that I was quite upset by the hostile reactions after I resurfaced, and I can understand why many MAPs would simply not return.

Posters like kit and Sick Rose are very welcome to participate here cordially if they wish. There's no rule that says you have to agree with the Mu leaders.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
SCOTUSbaby

Post by SCOTUSbaby »

I hear you, Pharmokon.

The lack of static here is such a violent contrast to BC, that I find it . . . disorienting.

It's . . . all business here at MU.

There are movements afoot here and elsewhere that, seen from afar, might seem to have activist implications, and even activist results.
But the more I observe the larger scene (and I only go back to the 80's!) it seems like the gamesmanship of moving the ball down the field ("for our own interests") is suffering from the inevitable consequences of its internal logic. . .which is operating for FORCE it to become more and more about the chore of baby-sitting those members of the American Parentiat whose child-lust, and hence their anti-pedo externalizations, are out of control. That's something that has to be done; it's good to do . . . but it feels like a chore, like therapy-work that I should be getting $200 an hour for.

It doesn't FEEL like activism, in the exhilarating sense you mention.

I miss the freedom of the protests of the 1970's, the sense of forward motion, yes!

But here we are in 2024, running fairy-ring operations to milk out the hate, and then (to switch my bodily fluids) wiping the butts of the outraged Vermont peasants, after they've messed themselves, after we (hee! hee!) put ex-lax in their Kool-Aid. ;(

---Scotusbaby
PorcelainLark

Post by PorcelainLark »

Other sites have felt quiet lately too. The B4UM and MAPrightsforum have been feeling dead. I think maybe being spread too thin is more of a danger than having too few communities. Having more people in one place, means more engagement, means more momentum, imo.
Formerly WandersGlade.
Male, Straight, non-exclusive.
Ideal AoA: 8-10.

To understand something is to be delivered of it. - Baruch Spinoza
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

PorcelainLark wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:24 pm Other sites have felt quiet lately too. The B4UM and MAPrightsforum have been feeling dead. I think maybe being spread too thin is more of a danger than having too few communities. Having more people in one place, means more engagement, means more momentum, imo.
I can't speak about MAP Rights Forum- their membership is largely drawn from anti-c pediverse people (NNIA, etc), many of whom are antagonistic towards Jim and see Mu as a "Newgon project" (whatever that means).

As for B4um, Talix and Peace have both not been around recently. That means that a lot of the discussion has become more just about greeting newbies.

I'm doing my best to keep Mu active but from October my life circumstances will change a little, too. Hope I can keep up.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein