I was banned form VoA

A place for the discussion of personal issues related to being an MAP.
Lennon72

Re: I was banned form VoA

Post by Lennon72 »

Outis wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:10 pm Don't worry, I think everyone gets banned from VoA at one point or another without warning or explanation, it's like walking through a minefield on VoA.
It's a great community and the leadership themselves are good and its been around a long time so must be doing something well, there's just always been this wierd aspect to VoA where people vanish from the board only to announce that they were banned without explanation or reason. Maybe it's personality clashes, I've sometimes wondered if it's just to keep the board load and messaging stats down.

Don't take it personally, just take one of the "I was banned from VoA" badges which gets you into the green room :lol:
I wonder why one earth anybody would not be given an explanation as to why they have been banned. Has anybody bothered to ask after getting accepted back>
PorcelainLark

Re: I was banned form VoA

Post by PorcelainLark »

Lennon72 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:31 am
Outis wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:10 pm Don't worry, I think everyone gets banned from VoA at one point or another without warning or explanation, it's like walking through a minefield on VoA.
It's a great community and the leadership themselves are good and its been around a long time so must be doing something well, there's just always been this wierd aspect to VoA where people vanish from the board only to announce that they were banned without explanation or reason. Maybe it's personality clashes, I've sometimes wondered if it's just to keep the board load and messaging stats down.

Don't take it personally, just take one of the "I was banned from VoA" badges which gets you into the green room :lol:
I wonder why one earth anybody would not be given an explanation as to why they have been banned. Has anybody bothered to ask after getting accepted back>
Personally, it doesn't matter if they unbanned me. The community rubbed me the wrong way. The only things which might get me to go back would either be penalizing several users which haven't actually broken any site rules or a sincere apology that reflects an understanding of what those users did wrong, neither of which is likely to happen. I tired of trying so hard to get along with people; if there's too much of a personality clash between me and members of a community I just move on. The point is, it's as much a community problem as a moderation one; I don't vibe with them and they don't vibe with me.
Formerly WandersGlade.
Male, Straight, non-exclusive.
Ideal AoA: 8-10.

To understand something is to be delivered of it. - Baruch Spinoza