Mu Analysis: MAP Mental Health Crisis

Discuss the articles posted on the Mu website. Many of the authors will read this forum so you can leave feedback, too.
Fragment

Mu Analysis: MAP Mental Health Crisis

Post by Fragment »

https://www.map-union.org/blog/mu-analy ... lth-crisis

This wasn't a fun one to write. But it is one of the most important. If you have any non-MAP ally friends, or a therapist that is MAP-affirming please share it with them.

All lives matter. MAP lives matter.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
BLueRibbon

Re: Mu Analysis: MAP Mental Health Crisis

Post by BLueRibbon »

Great article. This is the kind of content the MAP community needs.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

The coverage of minor MAPs was lighter than I hoped.

This article does provide a bit more analysis of the situation for minor MAPs, but being on Prostasia it unfortunately falls into the trap of priortizing the harm-prevention message over MAP welfare.

An offending MAP alive is worth more than a non-offending MAP dead. MAP lives matter, not just non-offending ones.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Kara32

Post by Kara32 »

Thank you from my whole family. On a personal note you have honoured my brother. The whole article was hard to read and know hard to write. It was important and something I have shared with my small family, who are also grateful. I agree with other post, in my mind so much at stake: MAPs of all ages who suffering, families who suffer, kids who done nothing wrong and are dumped on who were happy with what they had, young MAP's. The list I know goes on.

Think you converted at least 4 more non maps to your ally cause, including my dad who is in his 60s. He horrified about the other peoples issues not just his son's

Please keep doing them, they are great and they do help others. I can say from the one that was hugged by my bro and had a whole world dropped on him, that continues to go through grief, that this article has also had an impact and he kept copy I printed off, so he can read it when he wants.

I read alot on here, I am very mindful that I do not and will never experience first hand what you all experience.. You are all very brave, you all have empathy. I will quote only what my mum said on the telephone earlier after reading this and so she tells me other articles :

She said "what wonderful human beings"

Anyway from ones who cannot answer as they no longer with us, thank you again
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

Thank you Kara.

Even being an ally can be scary, but I think female allies can probably say a lot that male MAPs want to say, but risk violence if we do so. So I'm so glad you're here with us.

There's a long, hard fight ahead of us.

~Frankenstein
Kara32

Post by Kara32 »

I suppose it could be scary but tbh honest the last two years, I been more angry. My mum she says what she thinks. She was born in Moldova, and they can be pretty forthright. It a shame if that the case about women having that voice. Everyone's voice should be equal.
FairBlueLove

Post by FairBlueLove »

Hard to read through till the end due to the intrinsic emotional load, but great article. I liked in particular the wide range of situations analyzed.