MAP Clothes

A place to talk about MAP/AAM-related issues in general. This includes the attraction itself, associated paraphilia/identities and AMSC/AMSR (Adult-Minor Sexual Contact and Relations).
Lennon72

Re: MAP Clothes

Post by Lennon72 »

Red Rodent wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:30 pm
Lennon72 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:08 pm Would you say that my wearing these shirts are a waste of my time?
Absolutely not! I'm all for self-expression, which is liberating on a personal level and great for any cause. I have a blue ribbon (freedom of speech) hoodie that I wear regularly, but I doubt anyone who sees it would spot the hidden agenda.
Nice! There is too much cancel culture around here these days. I also forgot to mention that another MAP may notice the clothing as well. And it is always good to meet other MAPS.
RoosterDance

Post by RoosterDance »

I have a CL shirt that I bought from that Map Merch Shop a bit ago. I too wear it regularly and have received... just one comment on it.
I wanted to buy a GL shirt as well, but it looks like that shop is only accepting Monero now.
Lennon72

Post by Lennon72 »

RoosterDance wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:11 am I have a CL shirt that I bought from that Map Merch Shop a bit ago. I too wear it regularly and have received... just one comment on it.
I wanted to buy a GL shirt as well, but it looks like that shop is only accepting Monero now.
You mean I can't pay by gift card anymore? I was using Mastercard. And what comment did you get?
Jim Burton

Post by Jim Burton »

Funny if they have been forced to take Monero, since they were famously disparaging towards it when people suggested it as a secondary payment processor.
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays
vamp

Post by vamp »

since MAP is more popular (not in a good way ig) you'll definitely get beat in the streets with a shirt or something similar
Hi, I'm Salem! I'm a 14yr boy AAM and MAP advocate!
yep, I like comics. My only pedi social is @vamp on yummyy.cc
Lennon72

Post by Lennon72 »

vamp wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:34 am since MAP is more popular (not in a good way ig) you'll definitely get beat in the streets with a shirt or something similar
Then how come it hasn't happened?
vamp

Post by vamp »

Lennon72 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:58 pm
vamp wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:34 am since MAP is more popular (not in a good way ig) you'll definitely get beat in the streets with a shirt or something similar
Then how come it hasn't happened?
I hope it hasn't happen yet and its great!
Hi, I'm Salem! I'm a 14yr boy AAM and MAP advocate!
yep, I like comics. My only pedi social is @vamp on yummyy.cc
KatieCruz

Post by KatieCruz »

PorcelainLark wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:50 pm
Joanne7315 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:51 pm That's a new one on me, what is MAP clothing? Do you like T shirts with 'I am a MAP' on them? Where do you buy it?
Katie Cruz sells some stuff.

https://mapmerch.shop/
Thanks for the plug.
paintedlightpink wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:24 pm I dont think somebody could go out and wear that without getting physically assaulted or something
I almost exclusively wear MAP shirts when I go out, and I've never had any issues. Your mileage may vary.
RoosterDance wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:11 am I have a CL shirt that I bought from that Map Merch Shop a bit ago. I too wear it regularly and have received... just one comment on it.
Thanks for being a customer of MAP Merch Shop. I can still run credit/debit/gift cards, but only through analog ordering.
Lennon72 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:54 am You mean I can't pay by gift card anymore? I was using Mastercard. And what comment did you get?
I can still accept Mastercard gift cards through analog ordering.
Jim Burton wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:02 am Funny if they have been forced to take Monero, since they were famously disparaging towards it when people suggested it as a secondary payment processor.
I was disparaging about it, because people kept bitching about it, even though I had already stated that I was planning to implement it. And since it's been implemented nobody uses it, because it's a pain in the ass. I get so many people trying to place orders, and then the order auto-cancels because they don't know how to use Monero. I'm about to just remove the option, because it's too confusing for people, a pain in the ass for me, and nobody uses it anyway.
Phossu

Post by Phossu »

I would guess the vast majority of people have no idea about any MAP associated symbols. Even if they do recognize it they likely won't say or do anything. I would be worried someone would ask "hey what's this mean?" - I'm a horrible liar and would be visibly nervous trying to explain it.

I'd be afraid of running into some rabid "pedophile hunter" type person while wearing MAP clothing. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that called for the execution of pedophiles, and those are the people I'm scared of. I would hope they wouldn't randomly assault someone for wearing MAP clothing, but it is a possibility.
Pansexual non-exclusive pedophile - AoA 6-11
One day MAPs will be free!
Strato

Post by Strato »

Phossu wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:10 am I would guess the vast majority of people have no idea about any MAP associated symbols. Even if they do recognize it they likely won't say or do anything. I would be worried someone would ask "hey what's this mean?" - I'm a horrible liar and would be visibly nervous trying to explain it.

I'd be afraid of running into some rabid "pedophile hunter" type person while wearing MAP clothing. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that called for the execution of pedophiles, and those are the people I'm scared of. I would hope they wouldn't randomly assault someone for wearing MAP clothing, but it is a possibility.
Well Phossu, that scenario played out for me whilst visiting Thailand about ten years ago. I had an 8 by 6 cm alternate blue and pink-winged butterfly clogo - the wings are heart-shaped, faithfully reproduced by an embroiderer, and sewn onto a short-sleeved polo neck shirt. The emblem had the words "challenge", "transformation", "freedom" embroidered around the clogo. I wore this shirt a lot socially, and still do on occasion, not least because I resent being discriminated against, and I believe I can fight my corner verbally if my sexuality is ever challenged.

I had no problems for several years, but one evening whilst queuing at a food stall for a few satays proudly displaying my clogo, this 20s something clearly American woman took a good look at the emblem, and in a concerned manner said, without any nice social preamble, 'I have seen that butterfly image before!' I said 'good evening', and 'oh really?' She then said: 'I can't remember where I have seen it though - what does it mean?' I said 'it has a triple meaning for me. Firstly, it symbolises Taoism's challenge toward definitions of reality versus illusion. Secondly, it symbolises the transformation society has to undergo in order to realise true freedom. Thirdly, like Nabokov, I am an entomologist and this image represents the core of my being.'

She had all the hallmarks of a treacherous man-hating feminist, but even so, I believe my explanation went way over her head. I then picked up my satays and departed the scene. Maybe at 2 am. the following morning, she woke up screaming: "That guy was a fuckin' pedophile!!!"