The Push: How Nicholas Prosper became a murderer

Discuss the articles posted on the Mu website. Many of the authors will read this forum so you can leave feedback, too.
Fragment

The Push: How Nicholas Prosper became a murderer

Post by Fragment »

Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
BLueRibbon

Re: The Push: How Nicholas Prosper became a murderer

Post by BLueRibbon »

This won't be a popular take, but I blame this primarily on the oppression of MAPs, not the individual. I feel very sorry for him.

It was an awful act of familial violence, but what are MAPs supposed to do during a mental health crisis when they have nowhere safe to go?

This will no doubt be the first of many horrific cases if countries like the UK continue to Hunt and Push MAPs to the brink.

Social attitudes need reforming ASAP!
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
PorcelainLark

Post by PorcelainLark »

I wonder about those moderators that talked to him. Was it immaturity, sadism, or did they genuinely feel what they were doing was morally OK?

The way he spoke in the video seemed quite monotone. Was he possibly autistic? Reminded me of the way Elliot Rodger would speak (who was later diagnosed autistic).

Maybe not corrupting Clementine was his way of internalizing not harming children, so his violence was a by-product of trying to suppress his own desires. Like a former gambling addict getting triggered by seeing someone else gamble. He probably resented that he put so much effort into self-control while others didn't even care about the thing that mattered to him.
The world's a lonely place even if you're not a MAP, it's a shame people push others' buttons. I guess people are just really bad at gauging when they're taking it too far.
Formerly WandersGlade.
Male, Straight, non-exclusive.
Ideal AoA: 8-10.

To understand something is to be delivered of it. - Baruch Spinoza
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

We made an editorial decision not to mention specific sites, groups or handles by name.

However other deep dive YouTubers have already pointed out that the website he was banned from was “Watch People Die” (which used to be a subreddit).

I don’t know if the users of said site are able to enjoy it because they see death in the abstract, if they are actually sadistic or if somehow confronting reality has a therapeutic effect. Probably all three, to be honest.

I support a free internet but I do wonder if sometimes it goes too far…

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

My own thoughts:

So far the mainstream media outlets have not identified Prosper as a “pedophile” because his crimes are not related to child sex. The police don’t seem to have released much to the press regarding his motivations, either.

It’s weird having this so close to home, though. A known member of communities I know members of.

It’s hard to say what kind of mental illnesses he might have had. But any mental illness is compounded exponentially by being acutely marginalized as a MAP.

Bipolar results in hypersexuality and infidelity for a lot of people during a manic state. Coupled with minor attraction it’s a potent cocktail that can result in breaking the law.

If someone is already experiencing psychosis due to schizophrenia, how much worse will they get suffering the loneliness and stigma that comes from being a MAP.

~Frankenstein
BLueRibbon

Post by BLueRibbon »

The Sun's reply to my e-mail:

"Nonces please don't bother to email us again."

I'm not joking.
PorcelainLark wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:50 am
Maybe not corrupting Clementine was his way of internalizing not harming children, so his violence was a by-product of trying to suppress his own desires. Like a former gambling addict getting triggered by seeing someone else gamble. He probably resented that he put so much effort into self-control while others didn't even care about the thing that mattered to him.
I like this idea. Poor man.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

BLueRibbon wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:40 pm The Sun's reply to my e-mail:

I'm not joking.
Might need to take a different approach next time.

~Frankenstein
PorcelainLark

Post by PorcelainLark »

I'm not joking.
Not surprised. Shame we can't use their hate to signal boost though.
JC: What would Gary Glitter have to do in order to change your mind?
KM: Jump off a bloody carpark roof (pause) and on the way down say "I'm sorry".
JC: I just wanted to check what your view is. What your approach is going to be to Gary when you go back to the Sun. Are you going to give him another kicking?
KM: I hope so. Yes, I seriously hope so. There is no redemption as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't give a flying fuck, right, that Gary Glitter can't come back to this land, in fact I'm absolutely delighted that this scumbag is sentenced to some far off place. At least he's not abusing children or looking at children in our country.
JC: What do you feel about the children abroad?
KM: I feel very sorry for them.
JC: Really?
KM: In fact what I would do with these guys, I would put-
JC: Don't we have a responsibility to bring him back?
KM: Well about bringing him back, what I'd do is I think I'd put an island together where you can put all these bloody pedophiles together and with a bit of luck a big force 10 gale would come along and kill the lot of them.
06:47 - 08:05, Jamie Campbell interviewing Kelvin MacKenzie (the editor of The Sun) in Campbell's 2006 documentary Gary Glitter Come Home.
https://fstube.net/w/61c6Kw5X5vXJr6UHEzibno
PorcelainLark wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:50 am
I like this idea. Poor man.
I mean I wonder sometimes how much of our problems are just a by-product of having such a vast lack of emotional intelligence. Back in the days of Freud, it wouldn't be unusual to look for the implicit emotional meaning of actions. Nowadays we act like having extreme emotional reactions is something inexplicable.
Fragment wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:03 pm

I'm not joking.
Might need to take a different approach next time.
Maybe you should invent a persona - someone who really hate's MAPs and is trying to "shed light" on our "messed up opinions". Like if you had emailed saying "look at these nonces defending a murderer", things might have gone differently? Feel free to remove this if you want to take up the idea, because others reading this comment could undermine it.

Also, as an aside, maybe we should have two separate sets of articles, mirroring the tabloid/broadsheet difference. Like if we had a place to fire up MAPs to fight back, and a place for more serious articles. At the moment you can't be as sensationalist because it takes away from the serious, fact-focused discussion, while at the same time sensationalism undermines the more serious elements. Obviously as an advocacy group you're always balancing the two, but ideally you would separate out those two goals.
Formerly WandersGlade.

Fragment

Post by Fragment »

I wonder how many people at The Sun would say similar things about "poofs" if they could still get away with it.

As for your suggestion, we've discussed some of them already, Lark. We already do try to vary our emails between outlets to maximize the chance of having a story picked up. We only have so much manpower, though. I'm personally run pretty ragged just trying to get the stories done and out to major outlets.

Having people boost those stories on social media, or through socks or whatever other means would be really helpful. The four of us can only do so much.

~Frankenstein
PorcelainLark

Post by PorcelainLark »

Fragment wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:17 amI wonder how many people at The Sun would say similar things about "poofs" if they could still get away with it.
I'd say quite a lot of people.
As for your suggestion, we've discussed some of them already, Lark. We already do try to vary our emails between outlets to maximize the chance of having a story picked up. We only have so much manpower, though. I'm personally run pretty ragged just trying to get the stories done and out to major outlets.
Sorry, that was probably condescending of me. I'll try to trust you guys know what you're doing.
Having people boost those stories on social media, or through socks or whatever other means would be really helpful. The four of us can only do so much.
I don't use social media and I rarely watch popular news channels, so I haven't got much of an idea where or who you would spread the articles to. The only things I really follow are Destiny's streams and PBS NewsHour.
Formerly WandersGlade.