Message from Nelson Maatman

A place to co-operate on serious activist projects.
Fragment

Re: Message from Nelson Maatman

Post by Fragment »

https://wiki.yesmap.net/wiki/Essay:The_ ... Witch_Hunt

Martijn's most recently update says they're not looking to be transferred back to the Netherlands, rather trying to get their sentence annulled.
The Ecuadorian lawyers confirm that the regional court had already made the decision (confirmation of the verdict) before the hearing. They have now spoken to Marthijn and Lesley. They are opting for cassation, because they want to see their innocence proven. Transferring the sentence to the Netherlands is therefore off the table for the time being. According to the lawyers, the Court of Cassation is less sensitive to pressure from the media, although the process could take more than a year.
If their current lawyers are competent I'm not sure there's much we can do. If their current lawyers aren't competent, there's probably even less we can do.

Information re: Martijn has been mostly one sided. If there was a direct request for support I'd pass that along, too.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Anonymous_Lover

Re: Message from Nelson Maatman

Post by Anonymous_Lover »

If their current lawyers are competent I'm not sure there's much we can do. If their current lawyers aren't competent,
Well, sure there is. In the year this could take we could be getting them aid. And They could need money for the lawyers. You know that Nelson's line of communication came through contact with his lawyer (that he fired) bc William made contact with him from there we were able to get his cellphone.

If someone contacts the lawyers maybe we can contact them direct [dm offsite maybe we can work on this] if its a choice between the two I'd rather give aid to people who don't seem as dull or self-destructive and haven't had a shot at it. Plus there was some skeptical media opinion from a Dutch journalist about Martijn that could be an additional avenue to explore.