Mu Comment: The Dutch Volleyball Star is Not a Rapist, Should Participate in the Olympics

Discuss the articles posted on the Mu website. Many of the authors will read this forum so you can leave feedback, too.
BLueRibbon

Mu Comment: The Dutch Volleyball Star is Not a Rapist, Should Participate in the Olympics

Post by BLueRibbon »

Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Fragment

Re: Mu Comment: The Dutch Volleyball Star is Not a Rapist, Should Participate in the Olympics

Post by Fragment »

One of the things I find strangest about this story is that the legal systems in question understood that it wasn't a massively evil crime- hence him only serving a total of 13 months.

But the media calling it "raping a 12-year-old" has made the pitch fork mob reaction so much worse.

Original discussion here:
https://forum.map-union.org/viewtopic.php?p=737
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
FairBlueLove

Re: Mu Comment: The Dutch Volleyball Star is Not a Rapist, Should Participate in the Olympics

Post by FairBlueLove »

Thanks for the article. When reading stories like that, your 12+ proposal comes into mind. In cases like these, I see even 1 day serving as too much.
BLueRibbon

Post by BLueRibbon »

FairBlueLove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:46 pm Thanks for the article. When reading stories like that, your 12+ proposal comes into mind. In cases like these, I see even 1 day serving as too much.
It was very tempting to bring it up, but we figured it was too alienating for an official committee release.

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Jim Burton

Post by Jim Burton »

I've reworked the article a little, introduced some talking points and new source material.

https://www.map-union.org/blog/mu-comme ... e-olympics
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays
BLueRibbon

Post by BLueRibbon »

Jim Burton wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:11 pm I've reworked the article a little, introduced some talking points and new source material.

https://www.map-union.org/blog/mu-comme ... e-olympics
Looks good.

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
ZVOTD

Post by ZVOTD »

If he is truly not a rapist than he is one of the most libeled and unnecessarily hated people that I have ever seen. I hope one day he gets payment from these disgusting people in the media for all the trouble that they have caused him but I doubt it.
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

Only just realized how fucked the wikipedia article on this is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_van_de_Velde

The subtitle for the scandal isn't even "criminal charges" but "child rape".

The one good thing the article does is this line:
The sentence was adjusted in line with Dutch law, and the charge of rape was substituted for one referring to ontucht ("sexual acts that violate social-ethical norms").
explaining why it was not rape. Unfortunately it goes on to show the further anti-sex culture we're heading towards:
Until 1 July 2024, Dutch law only recognised rape if force was involved.
How are we going to fight this cult-like ideology?
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein