Hi from Down Under Somewhere

Please post an introduction here!
synesthesia

Hi from Down Under Somewhere

Post by synesthesia »

Hey all,

Bi married map, In my forties, married, been a MAP since well, I was a minor lol... The age of attraction never seemed to lift for me. I'm non-exclusive, and primarily a girl-lover with AoA of mainly 8-12... At least that's what I call the "shock zone" - when I do a double take at a girl or boy and find that powerful attraction kicking in.

Life is tough navigating this. So I'm starting to branch out to a few forums, see what level of involvement I might be able to perform and who knows.. Perhaps this is the best way to continue to accept what I am and what I feel about children.

I would love to think I can start to get involved in research, project management, communications and maybe archiving/curating. I think activism is admirable, and I really appreciate all I've read from the brave souls who put themselves out there for us, especially ones like me who are basically in hiding.

One thing I do think is really important, is a building of communities and friendship. I can't tell you how much I absolutely crave proper friendship. I have a beautiful family, fairly stable life - I am very lucky in that sense. But I have no "real" friends - as in those who know me fully. I think personally, that if we have friends IRL, not just online, that life would be a little easier accepting ourselves. And I mean friends that are MAP's. Someone to discuss the young girl you saw earlier in the day, and appreciate how amazing it would have been, type thing... For those MAP's who do have this type of friendship in their lives, I envy you :-)

Peace :)
Fragment

Re: Hi from Down Under Somewhere

Post by Fragment »

Wonderful introduction, we're glad to have you here.

I hope Mu will be able to provide an outlet for both your desire for involvement and community.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

synesthesia wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:36 pm Hey all,

Bi married map, In my forties, married, been a MAP since well, I was a minor lol... The age of attraction never seemed to lift for me. I'm non-exclusive, and primarily a girl-lover with AoA of mainly 8-12... At least that's what I call the "shock zone" - when I do a double take at a girl or boy and find that powerful attraction kicking in.

Life is tough navigating this. So I'm starting to branch out to a few forums, see what level of involvement I might be able to perform and who knows.. Perhaps this is the best way to continue to accept what I am and what I feel about children.

I would love to think I can start to get involved in research, project management, communications and maybe archiving/curating. I think activism is admirable, and I really appreciate all I've read from the brave souls who put themselves out there for us, especially ones like me who are basically in hiding.

One thing I do think is really important, is a building of communities and friendship. I can't tell you how much I absolutely crave proper friendship. I have a beautiful family, fairly stable life - I am very lucky in that sense. But I have no "real" friends - as in those who know me fully. I think personally, that if we have friends IRL, not just online, that life would be a little easier accepting ourselves. And I mean friends that are MAP's. Someone to discuss the young girl you saw earlier in the day, and appreciate how amazing it would have been, type thing... For those MAP's who do have this type of friendship in their lives, I envy you :-)

Hello, welcome, the good thing is that we can always open up here and know that we don't have to be afraid to open up because we all have the same expectations and desires. Feel free to chat if you like.
Live life to the full.
Strato

Post by Strato »

synesthesia wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:36 pm Hey all,

Hi Synesthesia

Welcome.

I too have a need to establish friendships of a very specific kind in addition to those that happen in everyday life. I have been fortunate enough to find such friends in the past, although it has taken effort plus a little risk-taking on my part to make this happen. On one serendipitous occasion, I started a conversation with a guy at a tuk-tuk stop, a New Zealander; he turned out to be a girl-lover. During our initial chat, I must have let my guard down a bit, and he straightaway homed in on what I had just said. His MAP radar was finely tuned. From that point it was clear we had a mutual “taboo” interest, and we ended up chatting for hours. That was a start of a very close friendship which lasted several years.

The significant downside to attempting an “in real life” meet-up, is the blind-date aspect of the encounter. Historically, pre-internet, conventions were held in Europe where minor-attracted individuals met to listen to a range of on-topic talks, and otherwise have a good time. I have been told that in those days, young friends on occasion accompanied their adult friends. Such events were an ideal opportunity to meet ‘similar others’ in real life, and forge lasting friendships. Right now though, being at the mercy of Orwellian five-eyes globalist governments, in-real-life scenarios are a very difficult thing to make happen. The internet is indeed a marvel, but in no way is it a substitute for time-honoured face to face communication, particularly for socially excluded, widely perceived untermensch such as ourselves.
FairBlueLove

Post by FairBlueLove »

synesthesia wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:36 pm I think personally, that if we have friends IRL, not just online, that life would be a little easier accepting ourselves. And I mean friends that are MAP's.
Hi and welcome!

I'm thinking more and more along these lines myself lately. In my case it is not because of lack of self-acceptance, but because in general I think a friendly in-person relationship could keep our vision more grounded and make our lives healthier. I got a taste of this, indirectly, by listening to three MAPs talking about their gathering (https://fstube.net/w/mfDgbZvboHG8BDtyZx3JJm), and it reinforced that feeling.
Even videoconferencing would be a significant first step forward compared to textual communication.