Should boys and girls be treated differently?

A place to discuss activist ideas, theories, frameworks, etc.
Artaxerxes II

Should boys and girls be treated differently?

Post by Artaxerxes II »

As both the papers by Bruce Rind and David Finkelhor show, males recall their early childhood sexual experience with adults more positively than females. And keep in mind that Bruce Rind is a tele ally to us, while Finkelhor is one of the most prominent antis within academia in the field of sociology. That both come to the same conclusion is... Make what you will of it.

But the thing is, woman-boy love is far less stigmatised than man-girl love and it does seem that girls feel more negative than boys do. Regardless of the reason, the fact is still present, which begs the question: Should AMSC involving boys be treated differently than the one involving girl in terms of laws? After all, age of consent statutes only applied to man-girl coupling originally (pederasty being banned by anti-sodomy laws which applied regardless of age-gaps), and the expansion to criminalise woman-boy love is very, very recent, since even cultural artefacts like FBI agent kissing the boy protagonist in the 1994 Disney movie Blank Check didn't become controversial until it was "found out" by antis in the 2020s.

Now, antis will claim that the marked gender differences are due to "toxic masculinity", "delayed trauma", "not realising it was wrong until they're too late", "He is just rationalising his traumatic experience as positive to minimise the harm!", etc..., but that to me seems like a cope, as both the data then and now shows boys who had AMSC have more positive recalls than girls who had similar experiences did, especially in heterosexual relationships.

So, not only does science show boys who had AMSC having less negative recalls than girls, but even in the past woman-boy coupling was treated less seriously than man-girl coupling, so a gender-based AoC statutes do have historical precedents, at least in Europe and in Anglo colonial countries.

So, should MU advocate for a gendered (and even discriminatory) treatment for AMSC given the evidence, or would it be like chaining yourself to a boulder?

Btw, I'm not just asking as to whether the statutes should reflect said gender differences, I'm also referring to healthcare, such as different mental treatments for male and female minors that may be actual victims, and so on and forth.
Fragment

Re: Should boys and girls be treated differently?

Post by Fragment »

The logic is sound, but it's a terrible idea. If man-girl sex is more likely to be coercive than woman-boy or man-boy sex, then that is something that can be taken into account in the individual cases. Gender outcomes may work out to be different due to the aggregate of individual cases being different, but difference oughtn't be baked into the system.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
BLueRibbon

Post by BLueRibbon »

I see the logic, but I'm not willing to throw GLs under the bus the same way the gays did with BLs.

By the time dramatic change is achieved, we'll be too old to reap the benefits. We're doing this for future generations, not for ourselves, and we might as well make sure our GL friends are included in the liberation.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
ZeroXJoker

Post by ZeroXJoker »

I don't think they should be treated differently but they are viewed different even when both parties are adults. Usually its looked as a good thing of a boy having sex with an adult. For example my mom's business partner's second husband told me once when I was probably a young teenager that he had sex at the age of 12 with a college student. Now I wasn't quite there yet with my understanding of sexuality or my views on AMSC at the time but I didn't see a problem with it. Now if it was her that said it to me I wouldn't have a problem with it either. Its a double standard sadly that I think has to go.

That isn't say to someone can be a victim I don't think all AMSC is bad per se its all how it happens. It CAN work IMHO. Even age gaps in adult relationships are view negatively in some cases. The first person I went on a date with was 22 or 23 when I was 18 and in HS. Some would say that bad because "different points in life" and the fact I was still in HS albeit just before I turned 19 and graduated. I don't view it as wrong or that she was being predatory to me. She told me before she liked younger guys and while it didn't work out I didn't see it as bad even 20 years after the fact.

I got ridiculed on a subreddit for some story that I don't believe was real but the TL:DR a 23 year old girl had sex with a married man who was 37. I said there wasn't anything wrong with the age gap and I was told "He took advantage of her" despite the in the "story" she said she approached him. I was also told it was wrong because "her brain hasn't fully matured yet."
AoA
Males : 10-13
Girls : 10 or 11 -17
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

ZeroXJoker wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:42 am I was also told it was wrong because "her brain hasn't fully matured yet."
This is the most annoying junk science that refuses to die. The brain never fully matures. What does it even mean for the brain to "mature"? People just throw that out without any idea of what they are even saying. They also never explain why "full maturity" is required for dating or sex. Are they really such dangerous activities? Teenagers are allowed to drive, despite the fact that their brains aren't "fully matured".
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Artaxerxes II

Post by Artaxerxes II »

I got ridiculed on a subreddit for some story that I don't believe was real but the TL:DR a 23 year old girl had sex with a married man who was 37. I said there wasn't anything wrong with the age gap and I was told "He took advantage of her" despite the in the "story" she said she approached him.
I think it's down to cultural attitude. I know that in the UK and America even an 18 yo woman dating a man double her age I controversial, and the same attitudes are likely to be true in the rest of the Anglosphere. In contrast, not many people would make a fuss about it in regions like continental Europe (particularly western and southern Europe), Latin America, and Indochina, where even 16 years-old girls dating adult men is seen as acceptable, but unfortunately such open attitudes towards older teens is diminishing.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

But the thing is, woman-boy love is far more stigmatised than man-girl love
I'm sorry to ask, but in what this statement is based? I actually see quite the contrary. The pedophile on discourse is generally always a men and little girls was often the victims of incestuous abuse crimes used by feminists. What i know is that, through the history, women's sexuality was generally pretty problematized, then after the start of sex revolution, it start to change, but now girls sexuality is victim of another discourse, the child protective one.
If girls in old days were harmed for believe that their sexual purity or virginity was stolen, now they believe that their innocence or childhood was stolen. A kind of stolen that is generally perpetrated by a "sex pervert" or "pedophile" who took advantage of children's naivety for his filthy desires - on feminist discourse you see i near "Sine qua non" condition of the perpetrator being a men, it's a men's crime against female children.
For this reason i believe that girls are more prone to have secondary harm and disturbed later in life.
Artaxerxes II

Post by Artaxerxes II »

Aurelian wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 4:35 am
But the thing is, woman-boy love is far more stigmatised than man-girl love
I'm sorry to ask, but in what this statement is based? I actually see quite the contrary. The pedophile on discourse is generally always a men and little girls was often the victims of incestuous abuse crimes used by feminists. What i know is that, through the history, women's sexuality was generally pretty problematized, then after the start of sex revolution, it start to change, but now girls sexuality is victim of another discourse, the child protective one.
If girls in old days were harmed for believe that their sexual purity or virginity was stolen, now they believe that their innocence or childhood was stolen. A kind of stolen that is generally perpetrated by a "sex pervert" or "pedophile" who took advantage of children's naivety for his filthy desires - on feminist discourse you see i near "Sine qua non" condition of the perpetrator being a men, it's a men's crime against female children.
For this reason i believe that girls are more prone to have secondary harm and disturbed later in life.
Sorry, it was a typo. I fixed it now.
TMKnight

Post by TMKnight »

AS a MAP, I find prepubescent boys and girls the most attractive of all human beings. I like some adult women (the smaller the better for me). I have not found men sexually attractive but have seen some men and thought if only.

I feel boys can handle intimacy better than most girls can. I think it is again all about the free will of the youth. All we should do is make sure they know that any good or bad feelings or emotions are normal and common. OR in other words, make sure the fall out of intimacy has appropriate tools and outlets.

I am not sure if they should be treated differently. But maybe there might need to be a different treatment for younger youth as opposed to older youths and their genders. The real risk is a child girl should not fear being pregnant at too young of an age, at least with a boy they are generally not capable of pregnancy.
Let us work together to free youths and MAPs.
Any better name than MAP?
I have plans and would like to hear from others. Let us find a safe place to chat.
Phossu

Post by Phossu »

If the harm that comes from AMSC is primarily sociogenic, then the disparities in harm between different gendered pairs is DEFINITELY sociogenic.
Pansexual non-exclusive pedophile - AoA 6-11
One day MAPs will be free!