Unhinged woman who supports pedophiles says they should be added to LGBTQ+ in uncomfortable interview

A place to talk about news and non-academic articles related to MAPs.
Jim Burton

Unhinged woman who supports pedophiles says they should be added to LGBTQ+ in uncomfortable interview

Post by Jim Burton »

Daily Mail.
An unhinged woman expressed her support for pedophiles during a podcast, saying that those individuals should be recognized as part of the LGBTQ+ community.

On June 12, a woman named Shayna called into the the iHeart Radio Bex & Buster podcast and showed her unwavering support for pedophiles, including outrageously advocating to get rid of the 'stigma' that surrounds them.

During the show's 'Weirdo Wednesday' segment, Shayna, who works for the International Pedophile and Child Emancipation (IPCE), said that the US shouldn't be 'shunning' people who 'have desires to engage' in relationships with minors.
See full video at:

https://fstube.net/w/pS7rmAdty3ZwzRJotAYxnh
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays
Fragment

Re: Unhinged woman who supports pedophiles says they should be added to LGBTQ+ in uncomfortable interview

Post by Fragment »

It's strange when "unhinged" refers not to behavior but similar to opinion. I felt that the woman did a fairly good job of presenting the ideas in a smooth, rational way.

I'm sure it took a lot of courage, but getting media attention for us is wonderful. Even though much of it will be negative.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
WandersGlade

Re: Unhinged woman who supports pedophiles says they should be added to LGBTQ+ in uncomfortable interview

Post by WandersGlade »

It made me think, having mothers that support MAPs would be really good PR.
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

WandersGlade wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:03 pm It made me think, having mothers that support MAPs would be really good PR.
It'll come at some stage, the more of us that come out. PFLAG was founded in 1973. That was after sodomy was legalized in progressive states and after homosexuality had been declassified as a mental illness.

My mother is supportive, I've even say she's neutral to pro-c for adolescents. She wouldn't be confident appearing in the media, though.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
NaruFGT

Re: LGBTPZQ+

Post by NaruFGT »

The LGBTQ+ Organizations don't have pedophile-police. If a pedophile is also an LGBTQ+ individual, and is discreet when in the company of their LGBTQ+ peers, they may exist in LGBTQ+ spaces. It's not an alliance, but there's also an understanding that throwing our own under the bus is damaging to the LGBTQ+ movement.
The hosts are very aggressive in this interview, and Shayna holds up well enough, given the circumstances.
I think that LGBTQ+ individuals have very little in common within their brackets, and the alliance is uneasy enough as it is. Some of my closest residential friends and my past friends for which I care for who exhibit homosexual behavior have anti-trans opinions and behavior patterns.
Does Shayna's view represent the view of the IPCE? Personally, I would not have a problem with pedophile-specific health and career focused resources were introduced in the typical Pride Center introduction to the movement, but as far as resources go, I wouldn't push too hard to get my foot in the door of those places. Haven't we all been-there done-that?
mylittlegirl

Post by mylittlegirl »

Name any community, there will be someone against something. LGBTQ+ doesn't want to be associated with pedophiles or MAP because they are on a different love spectrum. No one will support what they are not, and in the end majority will ban anything that is not like them. Being a MAP this era is dangerous like for women during which hunt Era.
NekoLovesFemaleMaps

Post by NekoLovesFemaleMaps »

"Unhinged" lol. I was expecting worse.

LGBTQ+ undoubtably includes MAPs. We're queer.

It's understandable that some in the LGBTQ community would oppose us. There are differences of opinion so we cant just view LGBTQ as a single entity with one opinion. Queer people are still humans who may be influenced negatively by society in terms of MAPs. There are MAPs who may not understand or not support other sexualities as well

As I said above, regardless we're still LGBTQ and still queer despite whoever wants to preclude us
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

I'm not going to talk about the LGBT community here, or about what she said. But it occurred to me that many maps have already come out to various people, be they relatives, friends or even parents. In this context, many parents support their children. So why couldn't mothers, in particular, be our voice, supporting us, flying our flag? Who else would have more credibility, more strength, more love for their own children than them? Who carried us for nine months in their womb? Their stories, their experiences could be of great help to us. Just a thought...
Live life to the full.
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) was founded in 1973 and I believe their actions were quite important in the fight for social acceptance. NARSOL (National Association for Rational Sexual Offense Laws) also has a lot of mothers and wives involved, instead of just people forced to register.

I definitely agree that eventually, MAPs need a group for parents/ friends who support us. But our own organizations need to come first. At the moment our voice on the public scene is almost inaudible. Even though we have organizations like MEDAL and Mu that have started over the last year, almost no-one is listening to us, yet.

We still have such a very long way to go. Anyone with even an inch of interest in activism needs to do all they can to help out. Otherwise we'll continue being ignored.

~Frankenstein
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

In April 1972, Jeanne Manford, an elementary school teacher, and her husband were at home in Flushing, Queens, when they learned from a hospital's telephone call that her son Morty, a gay activist, had been beaten while distributing flyers inside the fiftieth annual Inner Circle dinner, a political gathering in New York City. In response, she wrote a letter of protest to the New York Post that identified herself as the mother of a gay protester and complained of police inaction. She gave interviews to radio and television shows in several cities in the weeks that followed, sometimes accompanied by her husband or son. On June 25, she participated with her son in the New York Pride March, carrying a hand-lettered sign that read "Parents of Gays Unite in Support for Our Children". Prompted by their enthusiastic reception, they developed an idea for an organization of the parents of gays and lesbians that could be, she later said, "a bridge between the gay community and the heterosexual community". They were soon holding meetings for such parents, together with her husband. She called him "a very articulate person ... a much better speaker than I. He was right along with me on everything."
PFLAG started with Jeanne's son distributing flyers and being beaten for it. MAPs are rightfully worried about the consequences that come with activism. But being beaten was part of gay activism. Instead we hide behind our computer screens. It's a fine line between "safe" and "cowardly" (and I'm not exempting myself from that analysis).

~Frankenstein