Reddit- 14 years ago

A place to draw attention to social media discussions about MAPs.
Fragment

Reddit- 14 years ago

Post by Fragment »

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... phile_ama/

It was a much better place than it is now.

Millennial parents are the absolute worst. They have cranked moral panic up to 11.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Jim Burton

Re: Reddit- 14 years ago

Post by Jim Burton »

Maybe "ick culture" more than moral panic.

Notice how numerous prominent onlyfans performers hide their face. Like, was the entire sexual revolution for fuck all?
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays
Outis

Post by Outis »

Fragment wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 4:13 am https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... phile_ama/

It was a much better place than it is now.

Millennial parents are the absolute worst. They have cranked moral panic up to 11.
There is a strange dynamic at play with parents today. I had a conversation with a mom about how statistically it's so rare to be abducted as a child. I pulled up some official stats that showed you're more likely to be a conjoined twin than be abducted and she acknowledged that it's incredibly rare and low risk. She then went on to say "but it's still important to not take any risk and so her teenaged daughter can't be out alone, needs to be driven to the school gate and picked up and driven back and must never be out of sight if out of the school grounds". It was strange because on the one hand she accepted that the risk is tiny but then on the other hand that small risk must be treated as an almost certainty because even though it very very rarely happens, the streets are full of pedophiles abducting kids.

If you look at the messaging she has it's not that surprising I suppose if you're easily led. The school talks about the danger constantly, sending emails and letters and even running parental workshops on the dangers. Then the local council circulates information on the dangers, charities send information, the news will take that one incident and blow it up as if it's everywhere every day. There's a deluge of messaging saying that kids are in danger and there are bands of pedophiles stalking them and that messaging sinks in and becomes reality to the point that even evidence and statistics have no impact.

I know another parent who told me how she never posts anything on Facebook about her kids. No pictures, no information, nothing. If you looked at her Facebook page you wouldn't know she had a family. Apparently if you post anything on Facebook then pedophiles will read it and drive 100 miles to snatch your kid. That seems so unrealistic to me unless I'm the crazy one. So some child abductor in some distant town, surrounded by kids in the street, schools, playgounds and cinemas sees a photo of a kid at a party and is so overwhelmed by desire that he passes all those other kids on his doorstep and travels to a place he doesn't know to abduct a kid he doesn't know. The statistics show that isn't the case, but the messaging she hears makes it seem like that is the case and no amount of evidence or reason can break through because the messaging is constant.
Keep every stone they throw at you. You've got castles to build.
The power of the people is stronger than the people in power.

To endaavor to domineer over conscience, is to invade the citadel of heaven.
Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... _and_ipce/

9 years ago it still had a "free speech, even for NAMBLA" "they're allowed to debate issues even if they're wrong" approach.

Has the visibility of MAPs actually caused a heightened opposition? Is that a good, or a bad thing?

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
ZeroXJoker

Post by ZeroXJoker »

Outis wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:45 am I know another parent who told me how she never posts anything on Facebook about her kids. No pictures, no information, nothing. If you looked at her Facebook page you wouldn't know she had a family. Apparently if you post anything on Facebook then pedophiles will read it and drive 100 miles to snatch your kid. That seems so unrealistic to me unless I'm the crazy one. So some child abductor in some distant town, surrounded by kids in the street, schools, playgounds and cinemas sees a photo of a kid at a party and is so overwhelmed by desire that he passes all those other kids on his doorstep and travels to a place he doesn't know to abduct a kid he doesn't know. The statistics show that isn't the case, but the messaging she hears makes it seem like that is the case and no amount of evidence or reason can break through because the messaging is constant.

Sounds like my parents. I explain about crime going down and the risk of someone breaking into your home not being all that high in our area we live in. Their response "It only takes once." Also how my mom told me the economy is really bad when it really isn't.

The local news stations post about not sharing your kids name or where they go to school so that predators don't go after your child. They make it sounds like there are offcies full of people who look at Social Media all day and when they see something like this they dispatch predator #3 out to the location.

Logically it doesn't make any sense because some random person isn't going to know jack shit about some kids family unless the kids family is well known or something. Even then it still doesn't make much sense. Same with the first person I dated who had a kid years later posted on Myspace when it was still popular about not to include located data in pictures you take of your kids because "molesters". I remember being taught in school about 90% of sexual assaults happen by someone you know. I mean yes kids do get SA'ed by random people but like adults they more often than not happen by someone they know.
AoA
Males : 10-13
Girls : 10 or 11 -17
Outis

Post by Outis »

ZeroXJoker wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:33 am
Outis wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:45 am I know another parent who told me how she never posts anything on Facebook about her kids. No pictures, no information, nothing. If you looked at her Facebook page you wouldn't know she had a family. Apparently if you post anything on Facebook then pedophiles will read it and drive 100 miles to snatch your kid. That seems so unrealistic to me unless I'm the crazy one. So some child abductor in some distant town, surrounded by kids in the street, schools, playgounds and cinemas sees a photo of a kid at a party and is so overwhelmed by desire that he passes all those other kids on his doorstep and travels to a place he doesn't know to abduct a kid he doesn't know. The statistics show that isn't the case, but the messaging she hears makes it seem like that is the case and no amount of evidence or reason can break through because the messaging is constant.

Sounds like my parents. I explain about crime going down and the risk of someone breaking into your home not being all that high in our area we live in. Their response "It only takes once." Also how my mom told me the economy is really bad when it really isn't.

The local news stations post about not sharing your kids name or where they go to school so that predators don't go after your child. They make it sounds like there are offcies full of people who look at Social Media all day and when they see something like this they dispatch predator #3 out to the location.

Logically it doesn't make any sense because some random person isn't going to know jack shit about some kids family unless the kids family is well known or something. Even then it still doesn't make much sense. Same with the first person I dated who had a kid years later posted on Myspace when it was still popular about not to include located data in pictures you take of your kids because "molesters". I remember being taught in school about 90% of sexual assaults happen by someone you know. I mean yes kids do get SA'ed by random people but like adults they more often than not happen by someone they know.
And if you google it, there's stats that show that statistically, a child is up to 4 times more likely to be born as a conjoined twin than being abducted by a stranger in the US, that's just how small the problem is. Compare that to car accidents and if a parent really wants to keep their kids safe they would never let them in a car.

ZeroXJoker

Post by ZeroXJoker »

Outis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:30 am
ZeroXJoker wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:33 am

And if you google it, there's stats that show that statistically, a child is up to 4 times more likely to be born as a conjoined twin than being abducted by a stranger in the US, that's just how small the problem is. Compare that to car accidents and if a parent really wants to keep their kids safe they would never let them in a car.
Stats don't matter all that much to them well at least more to my dad. My mom is a little better being she runs a business so she at least understands stats and number at least better than my dad does. I tried to tell my dad one time about about how the money the USA (at the time I told him it might be different now) gives to other nations to help is 1% of the annual budget and I showed him. His response to that? "I don''t believe you."

Another time he tried to tell me about how he believed the COL (Cost of Living) in where we live was more than a another part of the US. I asked why he thought that way. His response "I just do."
AoA
Males : 10-13
Girls : 10 or 11 -17
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

r/changemyview • 8 yr. ago
CMV: The Age of Consent should be lowered to 14.
https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/c ... red_to_14/

The comments aren't particularly supportive, but that's the point of CMV.

r/changemyview • 3 mo. ago
CMV: Age of consent should be no lower than 20
https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/c ... r_than_20/

Again (thankfully, this time), the comments aren't supportive.
Alternatively, we should stop pretending that a teenager having sex is always some sort of horrible, traumatic event. Teenagers have been having sex since humanity existed. In a lot of cases it's no big deal, even if their partner is a few years older. Hell, plenty of teenagers want to have sex with older people. In the end, it's just sex.
Someone's been Newgon pilled.
The trouble is that setting the age of consent to 20 doesn't mean people younger than that stop having sex, it means that some consequences have to be imposed for breaking the law, and as a practical matter those consequences are more problematic than young people having sex.

Using your example of a 30 year old sleeping with an 18 year old: In your world, what happens when a 30 year old man sleeps with an 18 year old girl? He goes to jail? Spends the rest of his life on the sex offender registry? Think about what this does to the 18 year old girl. She liked this guy. Maybe later she'd come to think he was kind of a creep, but how is she going to feel about him going to jail because she agreed to sleep with him? How is she going to feel when he can't get a decent job for the rest of his life because she agreed to sleep with him? Setting aside the consequences for him, is she going to be better off because he got locked up? Or would she maybe be better off if she learned an uncomfortable lesson about sleeping with older guys without ruining his life over it?

I expect you're going to say "She'd be better off if he didn't sleep with her in the first place," which is probably true, but making something illegal doesn't mean it just stops, it means the government imposes consequences above and beyond the natural consequences of an action.
Also very on point. You could easily substitute "18" for any other teen without it becoming incoherent. Anti-c positions don't merely say "it's better not to have sex with minors". They put people in cages for decades and then stop them reintegrating into society via registries. In my opinion for such severe punishments a very serious level of harm needs to be proven. And despite searching, I haven't actually been able to find evidence of the high level of harm incurred by minors who agree to sex with adults.

~Frankenstein
Outis

Post by Outis »

ZeroXJoker wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:43 am
Stats don't matter all that much to them well at least more to my dad. My mom is a little better being she runs a business so she at least understands stats and number at least better than my dad does. I tried to tell my dad one time about about how the money the USA (at the time I told him it might be different now) gives to other nations to help is 1% of the annual budget and I showed him. His response to that? "I don''t believe you."

Another time he tried to tell me about how he believed the COL (Cost of Living) in where we live was more than a another part of the US. I asked why he thought that way. His response "I just do."
That's an important point that usually misses me. I always assume that data, stats, logic is all it takes to settle an argument one way or another and honestly I love losing an argument by being presented some new stat or data set because I come away smarter than I went in. Being wrong and learning something new in the process makes me smile, even excited because it allows me to think of what the implications are from this new discovered world view.

But then I assume that's the same for other people and some stats or data will leave someone enlightened and feeling in a better place but that isn't always the case. Some people seem to hate learning something new and stats or data that force a new world view just makes some people resentful and dug in further.