New country (again)

A place to discuss activist ideas, theories, frameworks, etc.
Outis

New country (again)

Post by Outis »

I know this has been discussed before but the world is changing and the idea of new countries isn't so crazy any more.

Old physical borders calving up the world still exist but new borders, physical and virtual are being discussed and taken forward.

Praxis
https://www.praxisnation.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praxis_(proposed_city)

A new city state concept with some big and reputable financial backers with all governance happening on a blockchain. New economy on a blockchain, voting and decision making through a DAO. A physical city. A true democracy potentially and if technology works there then it could more rapidly be adopted in old countries.

Asgardia
A space based nation, presently entirely virtual but with more than 1 million citizens, its own currency and networks.
https://asgardia.space/en/

Then there are other types of communities forming such as the Cabin network of communities around the world and of course, lets not forget some game worlds are so big now that they have their own economies and people who feel like they belong to them as citizens almost.

I don't think a map state makes sense any more than a gay state makes sense, although maybe a city state that was created by maps to enshrine the rights of all people to have relationships including maps would make sense. But even without maps building such a city or virtual state, I think it's important that maps join and are involved in these fledgling states. We can help to ensure their constitutions are fair to all including maps, that their laws are fair to all including maps, that all groups including maps are represented and part of the community.
Keep every stone they throw at you. You've got castles to build.
The power of the people is stronger than the people in power.

To endaavor to domineer over conscience, is to invade the citadel of heaven.
Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor
Fragment

Re: New country (again)

Post by Fragment »

I don't know if any of these projects would ever succeed. But imagine if one succeeds and we DIDN'T try to take part in shaping it. Wouldn't we feel stupid.

A "MAP city" seems a bit of an impossibility, as you say. But a MAP-affirming city might be more possible. Though given the reaction to MAP Camp it could be a little harder to achieve than we'd hope. One of the biggest problems with the internet age is the homogenization of culture. With a shared international space a lot of attitudes start to assimilate to each other.

Breaking out of that into a truly radical space through the formation of a new city/ country would be great. But everyone involved with the project has the internet. A lot of them are probably on Twitter. And reddit. The same prejudices will continue throughout.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
PorcelainLark

Post by PorcelainLark »

I'll repeat some of what I wrote on MRF.
PorcelainLark wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:23 am
freespirit wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:05 pm Even all the antis across the world should be satisfied with that idea, because then all the maps could leave their territory. In other words the antis would get rid of us.
:? I wouldn't be so sure about that ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sex ... risdiction
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECPAT
Any ideas on what territory we should claim? xD
Marie Byrd Land in Antarctica. It's very remote and inhospitable (to put it mildly) but it's the largest territory on the planet unclaimed by any country. You could set a country there without disputing sovereignty of any other country, though it would be a massive undertaking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Byrd_Land
More realistically finding a disused oil rig in international waters would be easier to get to, and therefore cheaper to bring supplies to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_platform
Seasteading from scratch is exorbitantly expensive.
I'm find the idea fun to think about but I don't believe it will ever actually happen. Though, if it came from any group, who else actually has a pressing need for a new state other than MAPs? Every other group that I'm aware of is motivated by unconventional political beliefs like libertarianism; MAPs don't have that same constraint, since we may agree with all other laws except those relating to MA.
In other words, we have a serious incentive to make it work and we could be more flexible about politics than compared with other fringe political groups.
Formerly WandersGlade.
Male, Straight, non-exclusive.
Ideal AoA: 8-10.

To understand something is to be delivered of it. - Baruch Spinoza
TMKnight

Post by TMKnight »

I would propose to build in international waters.
Which I have been working on.
It will be an artificial island made up of floating (oil rig-like-looking) structures.
For the economy, internally will be much different than anything currently on Earth.
Externally, we would be a provider of something. My proposal would be the space elevator.
Another concept I have been working on. With the right support, I think that could be built in one maybe two years.

I cannot do any formal research I do not have any financial resources. Why I want to start this one business concept I have, I call it a purse business. Which has the potential to make an incredible amount of money in a short time. All my projects will, my platform design should be something the US Navy should be interested in. AND my designs are cheaper than any aircraft carrier they could build.

The floating community concept I been working on. I have thought of how the laws would be, the economy, the structure, the way we will handle the issues that will come up to being a MAP-friendly society, and the real trick is getting into a position where we do not have to fear attacks from nations that would be against our beliefs and concepts. Unless we can build it up clandestinely. Which will not be easy. Because sooner or later everyone will know.

I think there are more MAPs on Earth than those against it. We just need to stop hiding in the shadows.

As I said in other posts. We must convince the world that MAPs are good people. To do this, we must publically condemn human trafficking, forcible rape of anyone (especially youths), and the manipulation of children for religious or philosophical reasons outside the education of arithmetic and language arts. We must convince those who are publically known to speak out, and explain to the world the truth and lies being told about MAPs and why we are attracted. How we are against those things that cause kids harm or that takes away from their free will.

Sorry for writing so much. haha
Let us work together to free youths and MAPs.
Any better name than MAP?
I have plans and would like to hear from others. Let us find a safe place to chat.
FairBlueLove

Post by FairBlueLove »

That's interesting. Just the other day I was watching the movie "Rose Island". Recommended. Here is the wiki page of the real story of the Republic of Rose Island:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Rose_Island
FairBlueLove

Post by FairBlueLove »

TMKnight wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 pm I think there are more MAPs on Earth than those against it.
Wait a sec.... So you think that, given we are 5% of the world population, there is more than 90% who just don't care?
TMKnight

Post by TMKnight »

FairBlueLove wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:03 pm
TMKnight wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 pm I think there are more MAPs on Earth than those against it.
Wait a sec.... So you think that, given we are 5% of the world population, there is more than 90% who just don't care?
Why do you sound like you have disdain for my opinion?
You say 5%, based on the revenue projections for some PIMs I think we are far more than what is calculated. Regardless, 5 percent of billions is a huge number of the population.
I have plans and would like to hear from others. Let us find a safe place to chat.
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

TMKnight wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 pm we must publically condemn human trafficking, forcible rape of anyone (especially youths)
From news reports alone how do you distinguish cases of forcible rape and voluntary sex?
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
TMKnight

Post by TMKnight »

FairBlueLove wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:58 pm
That's interesting. Just the other day I was watching the movie "Rose Island". Recommended. Here is the wiki page of the real story of the Republic of Rose Island:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Rose_Island
The concept is not new, we just have to be outside the 200-mile mark of any sovereign land. Because those against us use some of our posts against us. I do not want to get into too many details on this forum. But the details of my concept are pretty cool.
TMKnight

Post by TMKnight »

Fragment wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:59 am
TMKnight wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 pm we must publically condemn human trafficking, forcible rape of anyone (especially youths)
From news reports alone how do you distinguish cases of forcible rape and voluntary sex?
The media will always paint the person in the worst way possible. If you look into crime data reports, they do separate forable and offenses.
How would you do?
No one on here is suggesting forcible rape is acceptable regardless of age.
Because I could never support that view.
I can only support wanting to give children a choice and the right to choose their own choices. With as or little help as they want.

Maybe we should only focus on that. Giving the kids the powers they are denied. In the USA so much so that I have seen some legal terms that are similar to the ones we used in the slave trade, and that is applied to children today.

How would you suggest we tell the world?