Blog on stupidity stands against pedo-hysteria

A place to draw attention to social media discussions about MAPs.
RoosterDance

Blog on stupidity stands against pedo-hysteria

Post by RoosterDance »

I found a pretty old, but still maintained WordPress blog entitled Human Stupidity, where the author discusses many instances of irrational politics and such. He seems to take a pretty strong stance against pedo-hysteria, among other things, and does well to provide sources and cite his research. It's been an interesting read. The comments on it too. Link to it here.
Artaxerxes II

Re: Blog on stupidity stands against pedo-hysteria

Post by Artaxerxes II »

I'm aware of the guy. He is one of the few rightwing fanboys willing to defend minor attraction. But it only extends as far as hebes and ephebes go. But with pedos and nepis, he acts like the typical anti, presumably believing that normies will accept hebephilia as long as the hebes distance themselves from pedophiles. Sigh.
Fragment

Re: Blog on stupidity stands against pedo-hysteria

Post by Fragment »

Incrementalism can be difficult when you hold a more radical position. But incremental change can still lead to radical reform long term. That's why the antis worry about the slippery slope.

Judith Levine when speaking to NARSOL in 2023 talked about this. She said that while the ultimate goal is abolishing sex offender registries, it isn't a bad thing to achieve small wins in reforming them to make them less punitive. Removing minors, for example. Or making tier 1 offenders private.

I guess there is an argument that "fixing the problems" will remove the incentive to change the system in its entirely. It's easier to argue for lowering the age of consent in jurisdictions without Romeo and Juliet exemptions because of the problem of youth peer sex.

But women's rights didn't involve radical change over night. There were multiple, incremental stages of progress.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein