Activists Defend Canceled ‘Minor-Attracted Persons’ Camp In Vermont Next To School

A place to talk about news and non-academic articles related to MAPs.
Rin

Activists Defend Canceled ‘Minor-Attracted Persons’ Camp In Vermont Next To School

Post by Rin »

After local outcry canceled a camp for “minor-attracted persons” set for last weekend in Vermont, several organizations are publicly defending those who declare a sexual attraction to children.

MAP Union, or MU, which represents itself as “an international organization representing the interests of minor-attracted people and their allies,” sent a statement to local reporter Guy Page protesting the camp cancelation as “bullying” and violence against “society’s most oppressed minority group.”

“While it is appropriate for law enforcement to investigate crimes when they occur, no-one should face legal sanctions for speaking freely about a sexual orientation they did not choose, nor for meeting up with others who have the same orientation,” a self-described MAP Union spokesperson, who called himself “Percy,” said in an email to Page he published Monday.

Bean noted “Percy” is “likely a pseudonym based on the 19th century English author of Mathilda, a novel about incest between a father and daughter.”

“Many MAPs have a legitimate fear of engaging with law enforcement, even in a progressive state like Vermont,” Percy claimed. “They are all too aware of the unwarranted arrests, sting operations and other injustices that other oppressed minority groups have historically faced and are wary of even law enforcement responses that claim to be supportive of First Amendment rights.”

“We do understand the alarm among local parents, but we are extremely unhappy about non-violent MAP community members being labeled as dangerous to children,” Brian Ribbon, a cofounder of MAP Union, said in a statement to The National Desk. “The idea that these people would for some reason try to attack children at the local school is outrageous and deeply offensive.”

Locals flooded the Marshfield, Vermont town council meeting on Sept. 17 over a now-deleted website advertising a three-night “MAP camp” where campers might be “distracted by a sexy minor.” At the meeting, say the minutes, Onion River Campground owner Stephanie Jacquelyn Rieke “assured people that Onion River Campground has never and will never hold a MAP meeting. She has not given her permission for this event. She has employed someone named Mythebe and they have shared their sexual preference with her in confidence, as a friend.”

The more than 100 meeting attendees on Zoom and approximately one dozen who attended in person expressed alarm that the camp would occur next to a public K-12 school and schoolchildren frequented the camp grounds during recess and after school. State police and Homeland Security officers visited the nearby Twinfield Union School in uniform and plain clothes in the days after the meeting, according to local news and school officials.
See the full article here.

There are a lot of press sites covering this recently, and that shows awareness about our movement.
We are people, not monsters. It’s not our fault that others persecute us for who we are
Faraway Tower: Basement; Ephebophile BL, my AoA is roughly 12-19 for boys, with a peak for 14-16 y/os
BLueRibbon

Re: Activists Defend Canceled ‘Minor-Attracted Persons’ Camp In Vermont Next To School

Post by BLueRibbon »

Yes, we have been doing our best to utilize this focus on MAPs simply meeting up to draw attention to key NOMAP issues.

As I have explained in essays posted this year, I am no longer focused solely on anti-c advocacy, despite kickstarting it with the ANU/ATC blog many years ago (before VirPed and all the other anti-c organizations that wrongly label Mu an extension of Newgon and therefore 'pro-abuse'). However, there are still NOMAP issues that need massive attention, such as destigmatization, delineation of attraction and action, and safe access to mental health support. These remain a key part of the Pro-Reform framework, and they are major goals of the Mu organization.

The MAP Camp drama has led to our comments to news organizations being distributed across the entire US. Screenshots of our arguments have been reposted all over social media.

I had a story to make it blow up even more, but we were begged not to post it. We're working on other articles that we hope might go viral.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
BLueRibbon

Re: Activists Defend Canceled ‘Minor-Attracted Persons’ Camp In Vermont Next To School

Post by BLueRibbon »

I've updated the Pro-Reform framework, adding the Right to Association as a major demand, in light of the events surrounding MAP Camp
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Rin

Post by Rin »

BLueRibbon wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:23 am I've updated the Pro-Reform framework, adding the Right to Association as a major demand, in light of the events surrounding MAP Camp
Neat, It is time to keep an eye on those who spend their time writing hate messages and especially on those who have genocidal tendencies, this is something that is spreading more and could lead to very concerning developments in the long term. In light of this, it would also be important to build mechanisms to protect us against social pressure.
We are people, not monsters. It’s not our fault that others persecute us for who we are
Faraway Tower: Basement; Ephebophile BL, my AoA is roughly 12-19 for boys, with a peak for 14-16 y/os
Pharmakon

Post by Pharmakon »

BR: I had a story to make it blow up even more, but we were begged not to post it. We're working on other articles that we hope might go viral.
Being mysterious now, are we?
hugzu ;-p