Glossary Labels and Slogans

Discuss the articles posted on the Mu website. Many of the authors will read this forum so you can leave feedback, too.
KatieCruz

Glossary Labels and Slogans

Post by KatieCruz »

LGBTP, HeartProgress, Love Has No Age, Clovergender, Rapesexual, Biastomap, Pedosadist, Pedosexual

Online MAPs often have different terms to describe their attractions, but the above labels and slogans such as "love is love" are almost invariably used as hoax keyphrases by troll groups such as 4chan and its spin-off groups
The phrase "Love is Love," while initially, and most often associated with the gay-rights movement, is also used by MAPs. MAPs, including me, use it both as a way to express their love for children, as well as draw attention to the hypocrisy that many in society claim to support free love but exclude minors from that sentiment. There is nothing about MAPs using the phrase that is a hoax or trolling.

I personally don't understand most of the other labels, identities, and slogans listed, so I'm not the best person to speak on them, but I have seen quite a few of them represented on the fediverse. The demographics of the fediverse is very different than the demographics of legacy MAP spaces and forums. Invalidating certain demographics of the community does a disservice to the MAP community as a whole.
Fragment

Re: Glossary Labels and Slogans

Post by Fragment »

Things like the glossary are a living work. We appreciate feedback
are almost invariably used as hoax keyphrases by troll groups such as 4chan and its spin-off groups
Maybe this could be changed to something like:
Some of the above phrases are used as hoax keyphrases by troll groups such as 4chan and its spin-off groups. Some individual MAPs may attempt to reclaim and use them sincerely, but their use is less widespread in the community. Care should be taken in assessing the legitimacy of a person using these terms.
A bit wordier, but takes into account what you're talking about, I think. I've met at least a handful of MAPs that unironically use pedosexual. Many people forget that the LGBT movement started off being called the "homophile" movement. A word that is now all but extinct.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Jim Burton

Re: Glossary Labels and Slogans

Post by Jim Burton »

Only so far we can go with a glossary, but I added more sources and more information about terms that might be used earnestly, or as hoaxes, and how to read media within its context.

Seems my footnote about use of "pedosexual" is largely correct from a quick Google search. It has some academic use, but highly visible use by individuals is associated with right-wing hoaxes. Maybe I should mention use inside the community.
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays