Being an MAP - Positives

A place to talk about MAP/AAM-related issues in general. This includes the attraction itself, associated paraphilia/identities and AMSC/AMSR (Adult-Minor Sexual Contact and Relations).
BLueRibbon

Being an MAP - Positives

Post by BLueRibbon »

How has being an MAP had a positive impact on your life?

In my case, it has helped me:
  • See the world from a unique perspective, with a fairly open mind and respect for persecuted minorities.
  • Learn to live in a country with a very different culture, teaching me about things that most people from 'my country' never really come across.
  • Help boys who lacked friendship, affection, or an adult male role model.
  • Learn computer skills required to keep myself safe; these skills have been useful in many situations unrelated to being an MAP.
  • Develop a healthy skepticism and sense of self-preservation.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
WandersGlade

Re: Being an MAP - Positives

Post by WandersGlade »

The only things I can say is that it's made it very clear how big people's blind spots can be and some of the people in MAP communities are some of the most accepting you'll find.
Peace

Post by Peace »

In addition to the great points already mentioned, I'll say that being a MAP has led me to make friends with people I likely never would have met otherwise. It's also led me to have stimulating conversations I would probably be otherwise too ignorant or scared to have (imagine talking about minor attraction with people who aren't MAPs!), and to appreciate art and literature which I likely would've otherwise passed by.
Joel

Post by Joel »

All the things mentioned above. Plus:
  • Being good at entertaining kids.
    When I have an opportunity to spend time with kids, they really enjoy the true non-faked attention / interest.
  • Being able to experience the joy of unspeakable beauty.
    I don't think non-pedophiles would ever be able to understand what I am talking about.
GL (3-9)
mylittlegirl

Post by mylittlegirl »

See the world from a unique perspective, with a fairly open mind and respect for persecuted minorities.
I agree with this. I am sustaining LGBTQ+ community because I understand how is to be rejected.
Being an MAP - Positives
I see girls so beautiful, are like angels. Can be seen as a gift.
Lennon72

Post by Lennon72 »

Okay, i see that people are being gender specific here so I will as well. The positive benefits of being a BL? Let me see. I think that being around boys can often get me into doing things ( that is, legal things ) that other adults may never talk me into. So I guess it just opens me up more. And it can also help me to just let my inner boy out again.
Outis

Post by Outis »

You summed up much of what I would have written.

Being a map, seeing the lies and deceit presented about what I'm supposed to me has taught me to be sceptical of all I read and hear. Healthy sceptism has made me more inclined to listen to others, to have empathy with the issues other face. It's funny because I have some religious relatives who had a meltdown when a family member turned out to be gay, they didn't know what to do. Prayer, psychologists, nothing seemed to make him straight. I was asked to talk to him and be his friend because I have this superpower in their eyes, a totally alien superpower to them, it's called empathy. I'm not gay but I didn't judge him or collapse in shock, I just talked and supported him. It took years for the wider family to learn to deal with it.

I learned more about personal security, I learned more about politics and the law, I learned more about many subjects.

I also made some very good map friends.
Keep every stone they throw at you. You've got castles to build.
The power of the people is stronger than the people in power.

To endaavor to domineer over conscience, is to invade the citadel of heaven.
Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor
blwise39

Post by blwise39 »

Positives of being a MAP:

* After coming out to my parents, parents not bugging me about marrying a man or a woman.
* Being aware that I am one of the best family members for kids in the family. Children look forward to seeing me.

Honestly, I can't think of many positives, but I gave it a try.
Meiwaku_Mailing_Girl

Post by Meiwaku_Mailing_Girl »

My instinctual response is to state "There is nothing positive about being a pedophile!", but recently I've been thinking about how it does provide some good outcome
• Being a pedophile gives one a unique perspective on life. No one except a pedophile understands what it truly means to be a pedophile. Hopefully it will make one more understanding of other marginalized minorities and just how wrong it can be to take what mainstream society and media says at face value.
• It's easy to offend others. All I have to do is mention my AoA to get someone's panties in a twist. Antis rarely offend me. I usually find their reactions top notch comedy. The first 3 years of being a fully accepted pedophile was a lot fun because I spent so much time laughing at antis.
"Tiny hands, my only weakness" ~ Garnet

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth" ~ Matthew 5:5
Brain O'Conner

Post by Brain O'Conner »

Joel wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:25 pm All the things mentioned above. Plus:
  • Being good at entertaining kids.
    When I have an opportunity to spend time with kids, they really enjoy the true non-faked attention / interest.
I agree with you on that as well. I hate when adults put on that fake ass change of voice when they try to play or teach certain things to kids. I hated that as a kid because it made me feel dumb and a lot of kids don't like that shit for a lot of reasons.