MAP movement in Latin America?

A place to talk about MAP/AAM-related issues in general. This includes the attraction itself, associated paraphilia/identities and AMSC/AMSR (Adult-Minor Sexual Contact and Relations).
AtosW

MAP movement in Latin America?

Post by AtosW »

We mostly hear about the community in Europe and the US with the occasional mentions of Asia and the Middle East here, but one think i can't remember ever hearing about is any BL/MAP movement in Latin America. Do you know of anything at all?

I've long pictured it as being slightly more tolerant in parts, maybe because my view is biased by talking to young boys into yaoi from there, but it seems there's at least some ways for them to get together there. But has there been any attemps at a political movement? I know the continent is very divided by countries and languages, first off, but has there been any attempt at it somewhere?

Also wondering if there's any BL/MAP activity in Africa, particularly South Africa would be a contender, as it seems rather developed yet "uncivilized" in some ways, which can be a good thing when it comes to our issues. Can it be a secret haven that we tend to never hear about?
BLueRibbon

Re: MAP movement in Latin America?

Post by BLueRibbon »

I've met some white South Africans, and unfortunately they're quite westernized in terms of their outlook on MAPs and AMSC. I don't know about the ethnic population there.

I'm also curious about the lack of MAP political activity in Latin America. It's definitely not that tolerant any more, according to what I've heard from MAPs who used to live there.

The situation in Asia is worsening, so expect to see more political activity from expats in Asia. However, I think the language barrier and insular nature of many Asian cultures mean that locals won't be getting too involved in English-language boards.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Rin

Post by Rin »

Here in Latin America there are no MAPs spaces, or at least not one that I am aware of, what I have seen is that on Facebook there are many spanish-speaknig users who identify themselves as MAPs and use the MAP flag in their profile pictures or covers, but the vast majority are gooners and only focus on the instant gratification and roleplay, they are not very interested in activism unfortunately. 🤦️
We are people, not monsters. It’s not our fault that others persecute us for who we are
Faraway Tower: Basement; Ephebophile BL, my AoA is roughly 12-19 for boys, with a peak for 14-16 y/os
Peter Caldwell

Post by Peter Caldwell »

I think there was an attempt by the Brazilian government in 2012 to lower the AoC to 12 because 14 was unrealistically high, but there was backlash by the public, so they dropped it. About half of the states in Mexico still have a minimum age of consent of 12, so there's not really much need for a MAP movement there.
AtosW

Post by AtosW »

Rin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:17 pm Here in Latin America there are no MAPs spaces, or at least not one that I am aware of, what I have seen is that on Facebook there are many spanish-speaknig users who identify themselves as MAPs and use the MAP flag in their profile pictures or covers,
I'd really like to know where you saw those.
Peter Caldwell wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:51 pm About half of the states in Mexico still have a minimum age of consent of 12, so there's not really much need for a MAP movement there.
That's absolutel nonsense. If what you're saying was true, there would be more of a movement there, for that reason.
BLueRibbon

Post by BLueRibbon »

Latin America, and Europe, have some lower AoCs. But how do they work in practice?

Taking Mexico as an example, I imagine that even if the police didn't do anything about a man having sex with a 12 year old, the cartel would.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

Japan, meanwhile, raised the AoC from 13 to 16, but even so the only news stories you see are about teachers or people touching unknown kids in public.

It seems if you can manage discretion a private relationship might still be possible (though being illegal I'd never recommend risking that- for all involved).
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein