B4QR Volume 4, Issue 2

A place to discuss academic and legal research and other high-quality media.
Fragment

B4QR Volume 4, Issue 2

Post by Fragment »

The Spring 2024 issue of the B4U-ACT Quarterly Review was recently released here:
https://www.b4uact.org/b4qr_spring_2024_announcement/

For those that have read it I'm wondering if you found anything from the six studies interesting or worth sharing? I'll leave my own thoughts here later, too.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Jim Burton

Re: B4QR Volume 4, Issue 2

Post by Jim Burton »

I have alerted Thorn, who is the reviewer of the review, who will find bits to post about.
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays
Talix

Post by Talix »

I always love reading B4QR. There is something very amusing to me about watching the reviewers tongue lash academics for being disrespectful of MAPs, and then reading the contrite replies those academics write back apologising for being rude to pedophiles.

Didn't see that shit 20 years ago.
Rin

Post by Rin »

Talix wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:38 am lash academics for being disrespectful of MAPs, and then reading the contrite replies those academics write back apologising for being rude to pedophiles.

This is further proof that the world is slowly changing for us, and that is why it is so important to keep fighting for our rights.
We are people, not monsters. It’s not our fault that others persecute us for who we are
Faraway Tower: Basement; Ephebophile BL, my AoA is roughly 12-19 for boys, with a peak for 14-16 y/os
BLueRibbon

Post by BLueRibbon »

Rin wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:13 am
Talix wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:38 am lash academics for being disrespectful of MAPs, and then reading the contrite replies those academics write back apologising for being rude to pedophiles.

This is further proof that the world is slowly changing for us, and that is why it is so important to keep fighting for our rights.
Yes, and we can thank NOMAP for this. I don't agree with the anti-contact position, but I will continue to offer them support because they are doing some good work.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Talix

Post by Talix »

For what it's worth, B4U-ACT is not anti-contact. I guess they are NOMAP, in the sense that they strongly encourage people to not break the law. But they take a stance of careful strategic ambiguity on what the law should be with regard to the contact issue.

VP was very much created as a dissent to B4U-ACT's careful silence on the contact topic. (At least, that's been my impression from talking to people at VP and B4U-ACT.)
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

It's true that B4U-Act is contact-neutral, but their rise coincided with the rise of media focused on "pathological pedophiles". "I'm not a monster, I just need help" is the last decade's message, and it's been an important one. I think B4U-Act still has a strong role going forward in promoting that message. But I think something that next-gen anti-c MAPs agree with pro-cs on is that MAP sexuality isn't something to be suppressed or ashamed of. It is not a curse that has to be borne. It is a valid sexuality and should be embraced as far as possible within the bounds of the law.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein