Uneasiness

A place to chat about non-MAP issues that are not political in nature.
PorcelainLark

Uneasiness

Post by PorcelainLark »

Hey, I'm back. I thought I should address the elephant in the room: having left. I'm not sure what to say about it, other than I was very angry at the time. I haven't been thinking as much about MAP related issues as I was before, but I missed the community. I'm going to try to avoid talking about politics this time. I have some strong beliefs, but I'll try to work around them.
Formerly WandersGlade.
Male, Straight, non-exclusive.
Ideal AoA: 8-10.

To understand something is to be delivered of it. - Baruch Spinoza
BLueRibbon

Re: Uneasiness

Post by BLueRibbon »

Welcome back.

I personally suggest talking through your disagreements and trying to find common ground, but it doesn't work for everyone.

Whatever you decide regarding politics, we're happy to see you again.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
PorcelainLark

Post by PorcelainLark »

Happy to be back.
Formerly WandersGlade.

Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

Around here where I live, they say that soccer, politics and religion can't be discussed, as we all have different views on these subjects, and discussions would become tiresome and endless, with everyone trying to put forward their own arguments and getting nowhere.
Live life to the full.
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

I was upset that you left. I think when all of society is against us we can have hair triggers. I know I've gotten into meaningless fights over things before, too. I did try my best to smooth things over, but I guess you weren't in the right mental space for it.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
PorcelainLark

Post by PorcelainLark »

Pegasus wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:31 am Around here where I live, they say that soccer, politics and religion can't be discussed, as we all have different views on these subjects, and discussions would become tiresome and endless, with everyone trying to put forward their own arguments and getting nowhere.
We have a similar expression where I live.
Fragment wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:25 pm I was upset that you left. I think when all of society is against us we can have hair triggers. I know I've gotten into meaningless fights over things before, too. I did try my best to smooth things over, but I guess you weren't in the right mental space for it.
I'm sorry, I did feel genuinely bad about that; I like you guys, you've made me feel very welcome here, and it was pity it took me leaving to get a perspective on that. I've realized I need to work on my anger issues, because I make these rash decisions often, and then I usually end up regretting it (this wasn't the only community I left around that time, I had a heated argument in another community I'd been in for months and ended up leaving/getting banned, despite getting along with virtually everyone else except the one particular guy I was arguing with).
There's a Buddhist quote someone told me, that is becoming clearer to me: 'Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.' As much as I enjoy reading people the riot act, afterwards I end up feeling empty. I don't want to be outraged by everything, it doesn't feel great.
Formerly WandersGlade.

Fragment

Post by Fragment »

PorcelainLark wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:09 am I'm sorry, I did feel genuinely bad about that; I like you guys, you've made me feel very welcome here, and it was pity it took me leaving to get a perspective on that. I've realized I need to work on my anger issues, because I make these rash decisions often, and then I usually end up regretting it (this wasn't the only community I left around that time, I had a heated argument in another community I'd been in for months and ended up leaving/getting banned, despite getting along with virtually everyone else except the one particular guy I was arguing with).
I saw your post on B4um. I did try to understand that you were already worked up about the other community. I guess I need to get better at helping people calm down. I had hoped that what I said would be enough.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
PorcelainLark

Post by PorcelainLark »

Fragment wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 9:43 am I saw your post on B4um. I did try to understand that you were already worked up about the other community. I guess I need to get better at helping people calm down. I had hoped that what I said would be enough.
Don't blame yourself, I'm a difficult person. I'm not great at maintaining friendships or controlling my emotions. I appreciated the effort though.
Formerly WandersGlade.