James O'Brien repeats the claim CSAM is an industry

A place to draw attention to social media discussions about MAPs.
PorcelainLark

James O'Brien repeats the claim CSAM is an industry

Post by PorcelainLark »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2dl3TqGmfs

O'Brien talks about Huw Edwards' sentencing. Like many others, he repeats the same unsourced claim that the use of CSAM contributes to child abuse. Is anyone willing to call in or email to challenge him on this? He's spoken to a virtuous pedophile before without completely vilifying him, so this might be a great opportunity to draw public attention that this claim is unsubstantiated (I really think he might listen).
If we can get one public figure to draw attention to this lack of evidence, it would be a massive step forward.
Formerly WandersGlade.
Male, Straight, non-exclusive.
Ideal AoA: 8-10.

To understand something is to be delivered of it. - Baruch Spinoza
Jim Burton

Re: James O'Brien repeats the claim CSAM is an industry

Post by Jim Burton »

We are maybe 3-5 years out from having a notable social media personality highlighting these counter talking points, but it will happen eventually.
Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

Jim Burton wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:41 pm We are maybe 3-5 years out from having a notable social media personality highlighting these counter talking points, but it will happen eventually.
Do we know if the media presence of VirPed activists was coordinated, or was that just something that individual members decided to get involved with one-by-one? I've never been a member of the site so I don't know that part of MAP history very well.

Jack McClellan was the first TV "non-offending" pedophile right? Then Todd?
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
Lennon72

Post by Lennon72 »

Well, I think one thing that might help in the meantime is for people to call in to these shows and off our alternative viewpoints as well as introducing the true facts of these matters. But, boy, we had better have out work cut out before we do. Perhaps if we can find people who will voluntarily do that, we will take the first steps towards a brighter future for us.
BLueRibbon

Post by BLueRibbon »

I sent the following e-mail to the first major media outlets to report on Huw Edwards' sentencing, but did not receive a response.
Hello,

I am Brian Ribbon from Mu, a pressure group advocating rational responses to issues concerning Minor-Attracted People (MAPs). I'm writing in response to the sentencing of Huw Edwards. I have a public comment to make:

"The court acknowledged that Mr Edwards was suffering from serious mental health issues at the time of his offending.

Mental health issues are very common among MAPs due to the extreme stigmatization they face. Often feeling like they are utterly despised by society, and left feeling extremely lonely and hopeless as a result, many MAPs are led to believe that they are absolute monsters even if they have never committed an offense. A small number of these people eventually decide that there is nothing left for them to lose no matter what they do, leading to offending to the detriment of themselves, their families, and of course young people.

Mu asks for calm and restrained messaging in response to this very sensitive issue, and we advocate more tolerant approaches to those who are attracted to, but do not harm, young people. We also encourage MAPs struggling with their mental health to reach out to B4U-Act, a charity that aims to support distressed MAPs and their families, ultimately preventing harm to young people."

Please let me know if you have any questions.

--
Brian Ribbon,
Mu Co-Founder
https://www.map-union.org
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12
Lennon72

Post by Lennon72 »

BLueRibbon wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:58 pm I sent the following e-mail to the first major media outlets to report on Huw Edwards' sentencing, but did not receive a response.
Hello,

I am Brian Ribbon from Mu, a pressure group advocating rational responses to issues concerning Minor-Attracted People (MAPs). I'm writing in response to the sentencing of Huw Edwards. I have a public comment to make:

"The court acknowledged that Mr Edwards was suffering from serious mental health issues at the time of his offending.

Mental health issues are very common among MAPs due to the extreme stigmatization they face. Often feeling like they are utterly despised by society, and left feeling extremely lonely and hopeless as a result, many MAPs are led to believe that they are absolute monsters even if they have never committed an offense. A small number of these people eventually decide that there is nothing left for them to lose no matter what they do, leading to offending to the detriment of themselves, their families, and of course young people.

Mu asks for calm and restrained messaging in response to this very sensitive issue, and we advocate more tolerant approaches to those who are attracted to, but do not harm, young people. We also encourage MAPs struggling with their mental health to reach out to B4U-Act, a charity that aims to support distressed MAPs and their families, ultimately preventing harm to young people."

Please let me know if you have any questions.

--
Brian Ribbon,
Mu Co-Founder
https://www.map-union.org
Not too bad. I like most of what you just mentioned. But I will also add that even offending MAPS should fair and humane treatment. Not even all offending MAPS are bad people. Some, but not all.
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

Lennon72 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:19 pm Not too bad. I like most of what you just mentioned. But I will also add that even offending MAPS should fair and humane treatment. Not even all offending MAPS are bad people. Some, but not all.
Even with the message that Brian sent, he got no interest from journalists. We don't get to choose what we say- not yet.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
BLueRibbon

Post by BLueRibbon »

Fragment wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:08 pm
Lennon72 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:19 pm Not too bad. I like most of what you just mentioned. But I will also add that even offending MAPS should fair and humane treatment. Not even all offending MAPS are bad people. Some, but not all.
Even with the message that Brian sent, he got no interest from journalists. We don't get to choose what we say- not yet.
This. I wanted to say much more.
Brian Ribbon, Mu Co-Founder and Strategist

The Push
Pro-Reform
16/12