Quora loves Newgon

A place to draw attention to social media discussions about MAPs.
Jim Burton

Quora loves Newgon

Post by Jim Burton »

Treasurer/Admin: Mu. Strategic Lead: Yesmap/Newgon.
Yesmap.net | Fedi/social (my account) | Videos | Essays
PorcelainLark

Re: Quora loves Newgon

Post by PorcelainLark »

Their chart is interesting. I wonder why each of those people were put on the list.
But given how even themselves recognize that this approach won’t get them anywhere, they are opting for another approach: trying to teach children how to consent (something actually impossible to begin with), by groom them already in school.
I'll never understand this. You don't want children to be sexually abused, so you decide to conceal any terminology which would make them able to identify and communicate that sexual abuse is happening? Seems self-defeating somehow...
Formerly WandersGlade.
Male, Straight, non-exclusive.
Ideal AoA: 8-10.

To understand something is to be delivered of it. - Baruch Spinoza
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

"Children can't consent."
"So why don't we provide proper education about sex, relationships and consent so they are better able to?"
"Groomer!"

"Children can't use power tools."
"So why don't we provide proper education about the proper use of safety equipment, etc?"
"Oh good idea."

For many people it's not about whether or not children can consent. They actually don't want children to be able to consent. It really is the same as anti-masturbation rhetoric in a lot of ways. They see child sexuality as wrong, so they look for post hoc justification to support that view.

Edward Brongersma in this article said something beautiful, but sad:
Researchers have established that the bad effects of sexual confrontation, supposedly inflicted upon children, are quite imaginary, and that traumatisation is only secondary, due to the reactions of upset parents and policemen. When this was published, there was no rejoicing at all. It passed by nearly unnoticed. People clung stubbornly to their former beliefs, even if they couldn’t deny that the effects of these beliefs – the examinations, the criminal procedures – were highly harmful to their cherished children.

Why this unwillingness to accept the good tidings? Why do we want to stay in anguish, in perpetual panic? Why do we cling to our indignation, our aggression, our desire to punish, to castrate, or to kill the malefactor, even at the expense of the children’s well-being?
If an established and renown researcher of psychology came out tomorrow and proved beyond all doubt that children, if given x, y and z, are in fact as capable of consent as adults there would also be no rejoicing. Finkelhor is right- this is purely a discussion of "moral wrongs".
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein
ZeroXJoker

Post by ZeroXJoker »

PorcelainLark wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:03 pm I'll never understand this. You don't want children to be sexually abused, so you decide to conceal any terminology which would make them able to identify and communicate that sexual abuse is happening? Seems self-defeating somehow...
It would be like someone being taught to fight without actually learning anyway to hit someone.
AoA
Males : 10-13
Girls : 10 or 11 -17