My thoughts as a "contact skeptic"

A place to talk about MAP/AAM-related issues in general. This includes the attraction itself, associated paraphilia/identities and AMSC/AMSR (Adult-Minor Sexual Contact and Relations).
Harlan

Re: My thoughts as a "contact skeptic"

Post by Harlan »

Fragment wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:54 am However, pro-c challenges the mainstream narrative and in responding to that challenge we are pushed to find the truth. Maybe you don't need to go so far as "pro-c", but at the very least "not anti-c". At the most basal level anti-c says "society is right" and pro-c says "society is wrong". As long as the pro-c position isn't one of self-interested blind faith, then I think it's inherently a more constructive position for MAPs to take. Due to the existence of pro-c people who do hold a position purely by "self-interested blind faith", I would rather move away from contact labels and just say the truth finding position is "pro-MAP".
IMO If we stop talking about "C" as "Contact" and start talking about "C" as "Choice", then we will stop arguing with each other . It is unlikely that MAPs who consider themselves anti-c will say that they are against the right of young people to choose. It is their personal right to be against contacts, but they should not deprive young people of the right to choose.
Fragment wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:54 am Like mainstream society, to many anti-cs "the science is settled".
At a certain point, science turns into a similarity of religion with preachers who are convinced that their faith is right and beyond question.
Bookshelf

Post by Bookshelf »

Harlan wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:47 pm It is unlikely that MAPs who consider themselves anti-c will say that they are against the right of young people to choose. It is their personal right to be against contacts, but they should not deprive young people of the right to choose.
Within anti-c communities, this is actually something they are against. They parrot the same 'they might say they want it, but they can't understand it'-style arguments against contact altogether and disavow youth choice. This article here was shared on this site a while ago that outlines various anti-c arguments, including this one.
Fragment

Post by Fragment »

Harlan wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:47 pm IMO If we stop talking about "C" as "Contact" and start talking about "C" as "Choice", then we will stop arguing with each other . It is unlikely that MAPs who consider themselves anti-c will say that they are against the right of young people to choose. It is their personal right to be against contacts, but they should not deprive young people of the right to choose.
As Bookshelf says some anti-c people are against minors choosing because they think that they cannot make a free choice. It will always involve exploitation. It's the same reason those same people are very likely to be against child labor. A ban on child labor does remove the choice of the child, but it also protects them from exploitation.
Communications Officer: Mu. Exclusive hebephile BL.

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."
~Frankenstein